China Wine & Spirits Awards
already selling in the market, and also those wanting to sell to China. Two major competitions per year:
From the highest price points to the lowest, wines & spirits are tasted at price levels. Medals are awarded to represent ‘Best Value’. Best quality for the price is a crucial indicator for sales success.
CWSA Best Value 2014
Tasting Week: 3rd March
Results Announced: 10th March
CWSA Best Value 2015
CWSA Best Value 2016
CWSA Best Value 2017
CWSA Best Value 2018
The CWSA discovers the wines and spirits that will be major hits in China and boosts the potential and sales of boutique and major brands by giving them the recognition they deserve.
Tasting Week: 18 August
Results Announced: 25th August
The CWSA is the major springboard for wines and spirits entering into China and for brands already selling in the fastest growing market in the world.
- Entrants are tasted by 100 Hong Kong and China based Judges, ALL who have professional ability to buy wines and spirits.
- Entrants and Winners are showcased on www.cwsa.org which is the focal point of wine and spirits buyers in Hong Kong and China.
- Winners are featured in major HK, Chinese and International Media. The CWSA has special long term relationships with key newspapers, online publications and journalists. To see the daily updated, considerable press, visit www.cwsa.org/press
- Winners are provided with official certificates and stickers to brand bottles to further attract attention.
- The official CWSA Winners Pack includes artwork of medals, press release suggestions and further recommendations to help wine and spirits producers to make the most of their medals and gain further success.
“The CWSA medal wins are such a fantastic result for the Wolf Blass winemaking and viticultural teams given the wines were awarded for the suitability of the style for the Chinese market – the fastest growing wine market in the world. The results are particularly pleasing as the judges were selected from the most important distributors, importers, hoteliers and Sommeliers from all the key regions and cities in China and Hong Kong.”
- Chris Hatcher, Chief Winemaker, Wolf Blass
“Whoever wins CWSA awards will see these translate into sales and distribution.”
- Dean Lapthorne, Area Sales Representative, China, Sirromet